Jewels of Queensland - Buying a Ring On-line
Buying a ring online can be a challenge however it need not be. The size of a ring is generally noted in the characteristics of the piece being sold. Altering a ring size is quite common and an accepted practice The seller of the piece will make these arrangements.
Jewels of Queensland is happy to make any adjustments necessary to any ring sold.
The best way to determine your ring size is to go to a jeweller and use a ring sizer, however, if you cannot do this you can determine your ring size by doing the following very precisely.
1. Cut a piece of string or thin piece of paper about 5mm wide at least 3 inches long.
2. Wrap it snugly around your ring finger at the base of your knuckle (We recommend measuring at least 3 times to obtain the correct measurement. It also pays to measure your finger at the end of the day when your fingers are warm as size can fluctuate during the day with food and fluid retention, also your fingers will measure smaller when they are cold).
3. Using a pen or pencil, mark where the ends overlap, ensuring to be as precise as possible.
4. Lay it out flat and use a ruler to measure the length in millimetres.
5. Use the chart below, go to the Size in (mm) column find your measured size or as close to. (This is the size you measured for your finger)
6. Move across and find the corresponding size in the relevant column.
For example if you measured your finger and it was 56mm you would drop down a half size and choose a size 7 USA.
* Jewels of Queensland are measured in mm and UK/Australian sizes.
* If you purchase your ring knowing the size and it does not fit, we will happily exchange your ring however you will have to pay postage costs.